Skip to main content

Run Review

 


Certificate: 15

Running time: 90 minutes 

Starring: Sarah Paulson, Kiera Allen, Sara Sohn

Directed by: Aneesh Chaganty

The story: Teenager Chloe is wheelchair bound and homeschooled by her mother Diane. Soon Chloe becomes suspicious of her mother and discovers that her mother may be hiding a dark secret.

The verdict: I think I’ve found yet another director whose work I’ll be closely following. The director of this, Aneesh Chaganty, made his feature length directorial debut with Searching which was one of my favourite films of 2018. Now he has returned with Run, and this is another film that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Run is a film that appears reasonably straightforward on the surface and perhaps you may even feel like it’s very predictable. However, it may very well surprise you and I certainly felt that there were plenty of “oh my gosh” moments. It definitely surprised me.

The two central performances from Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen are great and I felt that they had a really believable mother/daughter relationship. Run is Allen’s film debut and I’m looking forward to seeing what she does next. Allen expressed her excitement with portraying a character with disabilities as an actor with disabilities and I think that shines through in her strong performance.

At ninety minutes, Run romps along and is a tense and engaging watch. I wish I could’ve seen it at the cinema! This is a perfect Friday night watch.

The rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comments